We’re craving smoothies, juices and all things fruity!
Try one of our favorite smoothies from our Chinese Cookbook Kit, and add some protein to your little ones’ breakfasts!
Year of the Monkey Mango Smoothies, Level 1, Serves 2
- 6 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 1 medium banana, peeled and cut in half
- 1 mango
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated (optional)
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Fine grater
- Tall drinking glasses
- Cut the mango by placing the mango with one flat side resting on the cutting board.
- Slice the mango lengthwise along the flat side next to the seed.
- Turn mango over and repeat on the other side. You will have 2 halves of the mango with pulp inside.
- Carefully cut lengthwise through the mango pulp down to the skin, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Turn sideways and cut lengthwise again until you have a cross-hatch pattern.
- Turn the mango inside out using your thumbs to press the pulp outwards.
- Carefully slice out the diced pulp by cutting between the cubed mango pulp and the skin.
- Discard the skin and seed.
- Place banana, mango, tofu, soy milk, and ginger, if using, into the blender. Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey and ice cubes and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into 2 frosty tall drinking glasses. Enjoy!
Add 2/3 cup plain yogurt if tofu is not available.