You must know by now that we just love Cricket Azima, our Celebrity Ambassador of the Month!
We’re dying to try Cricket’s Rainbow Rice recipe, featuring our food the month, the eggplant! Try it out and let us know how it goes!
- 1 onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 blue potatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, squash, peppers, potatoes, and eggplant, and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan (that has a lid).
- Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes (or until the vegetables are slightly tender).
- Add the rice to the pan and stir together.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and stir. When the stock starts to simmer, cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is soft.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. Add the leaves to the pan and stir together.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with cheese and eat!
If you end up making rainbow rice, go ahead and take photos and post them on our facebook wall! We love to see families in the kitchen together!