Handstand Kids

Tag Archive for Halloween

Halloween Costume Contest

With Halloween just around the corner and countless costume options available, we want to encourage you to get creative! Until November 1st, we’ll be holding a Handstand Kids Costume Contest! To enter, post a photo of your Handstand Kid wearing his or her most imaginative Halloween costume to the Handstand Kids Facebook page. We’ll feature your photos on Facebook and on November 2nd, we will select one lucky winner!The most creative costume will win a copy of our fabulous Handstand Kids Baking Cookbook! We can’t wait to see those imaginations run wild, good luck!!

Don’t Forget Your Costumes

We still can’t believe Halloween has come and gone so quickly! We just love seeing your little ones in their costumes! It’s not too late to post your favorite photo of your kid or kiddos in costume on our facebook page. Our favorite will win our “Eat Your Fruits & Veggies” accessories set which includes a chef’s hat, oven mitt and apron!

Be sure to post your photo by 5 PM CT tomorrow, Friday, November 4 for your chance to win!

Staying Healthy This Halloween

We read a great Huffington Post article today. According to Dina R. Rose, Halloween is the PERFECT opportunity to teach our little ones about healthy eating. Apparently, our kiddos consume 5% of their yearly candy during Halloween. WOW. That being said, Halloween is the perfect opportunity to teach children how to eat their candy the other 95% of the year!

Here are Dina’s three most important tips:

1. Eat what you love, not what’s available. – Well this is easy. Make sure your kids aren’t just scarfing down everything that’s around, but making really smart decisions about what they’re putting into their bodies.

2. Pay attention to your tummy. – Dina suggests feeding your little ones a light meal before dinner, so they have room for their Halloween candy-filled desserts. Make sure they know not to go too crazy and overeat their candy.

3. You can go easy. – A good way to limit how much candy your kids eat, is to limit how much they get in the first place. Make fewer stops along your trick-or-treat route, or make sure your children are just grabbing on piece of candy from each home you hit up, instead of a huge handful.

Happy Halloween!

Ghoulishly Delicious Halloween Pesto

If you haven’t already noticed, we’re beyond excited that Halloween is just around the corner!  We hope you enjoy our pesto recipe that kiddos and parents will both enjoy! Feel free to add an ingredient or two to really make it your own!
Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
  • 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 bunch of cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • pinch of salt
In a blender mix all the ingredients and serve with carrots and pita chips.
ENJOY!

A Healthy Halloween Treat

Halloween is coming up and candy is about to be EVERYWHERE.  Go ahead and mix up this healthy Halloween inspired snack!

Black-and-orange, sweet-and-salty Halloween trail mix

 

1. Mix together:

  • Dried apricots
  • Black raisins
  • Dark chocolate chips
  • Salted peanuts
  • Mini pretzel sticks
2. Put in 1/4 cup servings small sandwich bags and tie with black and orange twisty-ties or ribbon!

3. Dig in!

 

Trick-or-Treat For A Cause


This Halloween, give back while trick-or-treating!  When you purchase this bag from our friends at FEED, you’re supporting UNICEF and providing 1 child with life-saving micronutrient powders for a whole year!

Make a difference this Halloween and for many Halloweens to come and purchase your FEED bag here.