We’re constantly struggling with finding the right snacks that will also keep us from continuously munching. We found this article from Everyday Health featuring the 10 most filling healthy foods and wanted to share these with you!
- Sweet prunes – this high fiber food is a favorite or ours!
- Nuts – we love almonds and nuts of all kinds, but be sure to keep your intake to a minimum.
- Vegetables – you know we LOVE veggies. They’re low in calories and super filling.
- Oatmeal – this is one of our favorite ways to start our day.
- Soup – eating soup before your entree, typically means you’ll eat less of your huge meal.
- Dips – eat a low cal dip like hummus with your veggies when snacking.
- Lean proteins – eating lean proteins will not only give you energy, but will keep you full longer.
- Beans and legumes – this high protein food is terrific for snacking and meals, alike.
- Potato skins – we absolutely love the high-fiber ‘tater skins! Plus they give our bakers an extra crunch.
- Fresh fruit – a bowl of berries or a whole peach, is a terrific healthy and rejuvenating snack.
What are your favorite healthy snacks? Tell us about it on our Facebook wall.