In the next few days, you’ll be learning more about our Celebrity and Charity of the month, KidSafe Seafood. In the meantime, check out Simone, of KidSafe Seafood’s favorite Handstand Kids’s seafood recipe!
Terrific Tilapia Tacos
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1½ pounds tilapia fish fillet
- 3 plum tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- 2 limes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. In the medium bowl, coat the fish with olive oil and cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Squeeze 1 lime over the fish.
3. Chop the red onion and the cilantro. Dice the tomatoes. Place the onion, cilantro and tomatoes in separate small bowls and set aside.
4. Cut the other lime into wedges. Place the wedges into a small bowl and set aside.
5. Place one of the skillets over a medium-high heat, and cook the fish in it for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
6. Heat the tortillas by placing them in the other skillet over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until warm.
7. Assemble each taco by filling a tortilla with approximately ⅓ cup of fish and a teaspoon each of cilantro, tomato and onion. Squeeze a lime wedge over each taco. Add salsa to taste.