Father’s Day is this weekend so make sure that your Handstand Kids are ready! These crafts will be fun to make and dad will definitely smile!
This cute card from Danielle’sPlace.com uses a paper cup to make a cute, bright sun!
How about a World’s Best Dad award from Kaboose?
Since Handstand Kids can’t get out of the kitchen, you might also want to make this yummy Arroz con Pollo or Chicken and Rice recipe from the Handstand Kids Mexican Cookbook!
1 pound chicken (pollo) breast (about 3 to 4 breasts)
2 cups rice (arroz)
1 garlic clove (ajo)
4 cups chicken broth
1 large onion (cebolla)
1 can diced tomatoes (tomates), with juice
1 green pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 bay leaf
¼ cup vegetable oil (aceite)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Large pot with lid
- On the cutting board, cut the pollo into bite-sized cubes, then place them into the large bowl. Season the pollo with the salt and pepper, then set the bowl aside. Thoroughly clean the cutting board before using it to chop the vegetables.
- Peel and chop the cebolla, ajo and green pepper and set them aside.
- In a large pot, heat the aceite over a medium-high heat. Add the cebolla, ajo and arroz. Wearing the oven mitt, stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add the pollo, broth, tomates, green peppers, cumin and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Cook for about 35 minutes, or until pollo is cooked, arroz is soft and broth is absorbed.
Substitute the pollo with a vegetarian option like tofu. Try brown rice for a healthier version.